Vision 2020 - Nikki Purnell June 2014
Name: Nicky Purnell
Current role: Marketing Director, HW Fisher
Previous experience: 13 years in the accounting sector covering all areas of marketing communications and business development.
1. The pearl: What is the most valuable bit of wisdom you have gained during your career?
Know your audience! Remember to be different and always, always follow-up.
2. What do you consider the biggest frustration, working within Professional Service Firms?
Different departments still don’t work together enough for the good of the client. A good adviser is good with people and there still aren’t enough of those in the profession.
3. What is the biggest change in professional marketing in the last 5 years?
The ever changing world of digital marketing – this is not a specialist area anymore it is something every marketer needs to know.
4. What are your priorities for the next 12 months?
Raising the profile of experts within the firm through PR and social media. Internal communications – getting more of the firm involved in BD.
5. Any red herrings – marketing ideas and initiatives that are not going to deliver on the hype?
6. Any organisations you admire - and why?
KPMG – they seem to have the right balance of simplicity, creativity and technical know-how in their campaigns.
7. Market achievement that you are most proud of (individual or firm level)?
Presenting a bi-monthly slot at the Board meeting – pushing marketing up the Board’s agenda and between you and me they love it – much more interesting than recovery rates!
8. Where do you think firms in your sector will be investing most in 2020?
9. What is going to be the most exciting industry sector in the next 5 years?
10. What global region do you think will fly?
11. What will happen to marketing and BD salaries?
The only way is up …
12. And finally …when I am not at work I like to …
Spend time with my family and friends plus a lot of yoga and running!